- Tests Avaliable
- Technical Details
- Quality Systems
- NZWTA Diary
|NZWTA Trade Diary|
The Comprehensive Scoured Wool Package (CSWP) was first introduced to the wool industry by NZWTA in 1987 and was regarded as a significant step towards full objective description of scoured wool.
Originally, scoured wool testing consisted of a Condition test only so that the moisture content could be established and this was used to calculate the certified commercial mass.
The Comprehensive Scoured Wool Package consists of:
- A condition test (IWTO-33);
- A yield test (IWTO-19, including Ethyl Alcohol- extractable matter percent, Ashpercent and Vegetable Matter Base);
- Mean Fibre Diameter by Airflow (IWTO-28);
- A Colour test (IWTO-56); and
- A Residual Grease test using Dichloromethane as the solvent.
Click here to read more.